As the winter months are now with us, we need to plan for the worst that the season may throw at us. It is most unlikely we will decide to close the school in the event of snow or other types of inclement weather. Should circumstances prevail so that a closure is necessary, parents should have arrangements in place so that their child has somewhere to go to during the day. Should it be necessary to close the school during the school day an emergency contact number written in the home-school link book is very useful. Invariably, the coach companies will monitor road conditions and may decide, at short notice, that they have to come and collect the children in order to get them back safely to their home village.
Parents Have a Key Role.
During an emergency situation, schools must act in order to safeguard students and staff. Parents can assist greatly by being prepared before an emergency. Here are a few critical things you can do:
- Make certain the school always has accurate contact information on file.
- Provide your school with contact information for adults authorised as emergency contacts for your child.
- Talk to your child about what to do and how to contact you in an emergency.
The school only has two telephone lines, if parents are phoning the school to check to see if we are open it inhibits our capability to make urgent phone calls. Therefore we would ask you to make use of the following services:
- Receive Emergency Alert text messages and emails via Schoolcomms – if you do not presently receive school information via text messages and/or emails but would like to do so, please contact Mrs Whitehall on 01889 590394 or alternatively email email@example.com. Please also ensure that you inform the school should you change your mobile number and / or email address.
- School Web site www.ryecroft.staffs.sch.uk – Please note that in the event of severe weather conditions we may be unable to inform parents of school closure via the school website as the website can
- only be updated from school.
- Staffordshire County Council website – www.staffordshire.gov.uk/education.
- Sign up today to the Staffordshire free email update service for urgent alerts, important news and a range of information straight to your email or mobile phone - https://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/Customer-Alerts/Customer-Alerts.aspx