At Ryecroft C.E. Middle School we are building the foundations in MFL for tomorrow’s linguists and language specialists. We focus on French in order for pupils to make demonstrable and substantial progress in one language, whilst giving them the toolkit to be able to study further foreign languages beyond KS3.
Our pupils are taught by specialists from Y5-8 and are encouraged to be curious and inquisitive to fully explore and appreciate language, diversity and culture.
Our key objectives are:
- To develop competence in both spoken and written French.
- To take language learning fun, challenging and enjoyable.
- To develop an understanding of and empathy with other cultures and people.
- To use a range of resources to achieve these aims, including authentic materials e.g. popular songs, videos, magazines, and software packages.
- To give pupils opportunities to engage with language and culture first hand via trips and experiences
- To celebrate pupils’ achievements: to encourage by example and motivation.
- To give pupils of all abilities opportunities to demonstrate their linguistic skills to a variety of audiences for different purposes.
- To reinforce to pupils and parents that modern language success is possible for pupils of all abilities.
CURRICULUM OVERVIEW - CLICK TO VIEW